- A new (to me) favorite tumblr: http://bookfessions.tumblr.com/
- It’s interesting to see the books that a notable author (in this case, Jennifer Egan) counts as her influences
- Ah yes, our illustrious bookshelves have been similarly encroached upon by “classics” such as Once Upon a Potty [at Fathermucker]
- Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project lists some of her favorite Young Adult books. I’m not always crazy about YA (I’m looking to leave those teenaged years behind me) but this list appeals to me — it seems truly “classic” and not new agey-angsty-Biebery-vampirey.
- I love this essay by Maile Meloy, Reading and Its Rewards. I, too, was an indiscriminate reader as a child, and I rode my bike anywhere I wanted to go.