- Charming: A small town in the Hudson Valley has opened a tiny library in a British phone booth [Library Journal]
- I must get my hands on Maurice Sendak’s newest children’s book, Bumble-Ardy. However, this interview with the author is really quite sad. I guess we always knew Sendak is dark, but still, he really makes the new book sound like a downer. I wonder if it is too sad to read to my three year old?
- The 2011 Booker Prize shortlist.
- Jennifer Egan is working on a novel set in 1940’s New York. Hurrah! I love historical fiction and New York stories; the two together will be divine, especially in Egan’s hands. Can’t wait to read it.
- Twenty celebrities with stunning home libraries. I like Nigella Lawson’s and Keith Richards’s libraries the best, because it looks like they actually use them. Many of the others, and I won’t name names, are too neat and pretty and matchy-matchy; it looks like the books were never cracked open!
- Some rediscovered Dr. Seuss stories will be published this fall!